Sunday, April 29, 2012

Let's Get Started


For the next 40 weeks or so, the people of Faith Baptist Church in Georgetown, Ky will be on a journey through the gospel of Mark.  Having just completed our celebration of our church's 50th anniversary, we will go back to the basics and focus on Jesus who started this thing we call church 2000 years ago.  Each week, we will ask two basic questions.  Who is Jesus and what would he have us do?

I will post the scripture reading and some initial thoughts, comments and questions about the passage early each week.  I hope that you will take the time to add your own insights, perspectives and queries about the passage in the comments section.  I will use this feedback to help me in my sermon preparation and reflection on the passage.  Hopefully, some thoughtful and spirit-led conversations will take place.  Join me on the journey!  Let's re-Mark on Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment